TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Please keep in mind that all of our email exchanges will
People Seeking Info

Subject Please keep in mind that all of our email exchanges will

Posted by Ash's Z on September 06, 2008 at 11:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 886 times.

In Reply To Extortion? Please, I merely requested that you compensate posted by phillyz on September 06, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Message be posted. It will be very clear to everyone what exactly has been going on. You might want to spend some time reading through those emails to see just how far I went to find a solution as well as how irrational and unrealistic you and your demands have been.

The bottom line is this, and I'll put it out there right now as it is the red herring in your argument: NGK PFR6B-11B plugs in an engine producing ~550RWHP and ~500RWTQ are plenty cool enough to prevent issue. These plugs are not going to result in the exhaust valves burning up - that will only happen by way of a lean fuel mixture, which is the real issue. But you even validated that the tune I put in your car is running well within safe mixture range so it is not the tune that caused it to run lean - there was some other factor involved causing the lean condition that resulted in one exhaust valve in cylinder #5 and #6 to fail. You also did not install the wideband O2 system you already had in your possession prior to taking the car to the track, which I heavily advised you to do far before I even tuned the car. You have conversated with people unknown to myself and have somehow led yourself to believe that these plugs were the culprit - when it all comes out onto the forum for us all to see, you are going to have to prove that the 6B-11B plugs are too hot and why hundreds of other Z's, many making more power and torque than yours, haven't had an issue with them.....

I still think the lean condition was a result of the fuel sloshing away from the pump pickup at launch and starving the system of fuel, resulting in the lean condition... It is the onyl thing that makes any sense at this point.

[ ashspecz.com ]
[ agpowers@bellsouth.net ]

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.